To register for the 2019 Spring Season please follow these steps with more information below:
1) Online Registration - All players must first register electronically. You may Click Here to register.
2) Registration Completion - Please come to either onsite registration date to (1) Provide 2-$150 snack shack shift deposit checks and (2) For Shetland 1 divisions players and above, to obtain a tryout time.
Do you have any questions or concerns during the season?
- Please contact the Division Director or Player Agent for your division.
- League dates can be found below.
- Please Contact Us with any questions.
Do I have to come to an Onsite Registration date?
- All families in the Shetland, Pinto, Mustang, Bronco and Pony divisions must come to either of our onsite registration dates to:
- (1) drop off 2-snack shack deposit checks and
- (2) obtain a tryout time, if applicable.
- Onsite Registration Dates are:
- Saturday, 12/8, from 9am-noon
- Tuesday, 12/11, from 5-7pm
- LOCATION: CHAMINADE HIGH SCHOOL, 7500 Chaminade Ave, West Hills, CA 91304 (Located on the Second Floor of the Athletic Department Building which parallels Cohasset St.)
- At that location you will provide your snack shack deposit checks and Shetland 1 players and above, you will also receive a tryout time.
Is a tryout required?
- Players in the Pony, Bronco, Mustang, Pinto and Shetland 1 divisions require a tryout.
- Players in the Champions, Shetland 2 and Trotters divisions do not require a tryout.
Do I need to work at the snack shack?
- Each family in the Shetland, Pinto, Mustang, Bronco and Pony divisions are required to fulfill two (2) snack shack shifts during the spring season and one (1) shift during the fall season. The number of required shifts is per family not per player registered; i.e., two for spring and one for fall per family.
- Blocks of shifts will be begin to be made available once game schedules are announced.
- All shifts must be scheduled by March 1st, after which time unscheduled shifts will result in deposit checks being cashed.
- You may not cancel your own shift and register for another without prior approval from our vice president, Christina Pompeo.
- Only one shift may be rescheduled once during the season with 72 hours’ notice prior to start of your shift.
- Notice of shift cancellation is via email only.
- Non-appearance for shifts without approved notice will result in the cashing of deposit checks.
· Questions regarding snack shack shifts and shift change requests must be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Snack shack shifts must be fulfilled by the player’s parent/guardian. Those under the age of 21 are not permitted to serve at the snack shack.
· Those interested in making their snack shack deposit checks a tax deductible donation to Westhills Baseball may contact auxiliary president Rita Lippincott at email@example.com
Can I Register On-Line?
- Yes - Register Here
When are the tryout dates?
· Pony & Mustang - Saturday, 1.5, or Sunday, 1/13.
· Bronco, Pinto & Shetland 1: Sunday, 1/6, or Saturday, 1/12.
· Shetland 2 And Trotters Players Do Not Require A Tryout
What are the divisions and league ages?
· Players are placed in divisions according to their age as of the age cutoff date, 8/31/2019.
· Trotters: ages 3-4
· Shetland 2: age 5
· Shetland 1: age 6
· Pinto: ages 7-8
· Mustang: ages 9-10
· Bronco: ages 11-12
· Pony: ages 13-14
What Are Trotters?
- For those players who are born before 2/28/15, registration for our trotters pre-Shetland program is available.
- Trotters is perfect for boys and girls 3-4 years of age, who are eager to play baseball while learning the fundamentals of the game in a comfortable environment.
- Our young players will be introduced to the elementary aspects of baseball through fun but focused drills and instruction with players rotating between stations, interacting with other players, and beginning to learn the skills of being part of a team.
- Trotters will be held once every weekend through the spring season.
- The price is $150 and includes a Westhills team shirt and hat.
- Safety baseballs will be used, and bats and hitting tees are provided for use at the field. All you need to bring is a glove and helmet! Baseball pants and cleats are optional.
How are players selected?
- Team drafts are held in the Shetland and above divisions
- Drafts will be held through 1/24. Team managers will contact their families following draft
When are games played?
- Games are played from February 2 through June 8
- Weekday games begin March 11 for some divisions
- No Games will be played on the following dates: